To help your clients comply with these new requirements, we would like to tell you about the State Fund CPP template. Please share this easy-to-use resource with your clients and encourage them to
create their business CPP right away.
Below are some of the new Cal/OSHA requirements:
- Creating a written COVID-19 Prevention Plan (CPP)
- The CPP should cover 11 specific precautions the employer must implement, such as employee training and correcting unsafe or unhealthy conditions in the workplace.
- Offering free COVID-19 testing to employees who had potential COVID-19 exposure in the workplace.
- Screening employees for COVID-19 symptoms and keeping employees who are sick or exposed to COVID-19 out of the workplace.
- Continuing wages to employees who cannot work due to a COVID-19 exposure on the job under some circumstances.
- Reporting COVID-19 cases to the local health department.
These new regulations apply to all California businesses, with the exception of:
- Places of employment with one employee who does not have contact with other persons.
- Employees working from home.
- Employers covered by the Aerosol Transmittable Diseases standard (primarily health care providers, correctional facilities, drug treatment programs and homeless shelters).
More information and resources for your clients are available at
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us, your official State Fund Access Partner, at (855) 784-4433.